Main page / Suffered injury?
If you have been injured and need help phone emergency number
It you have an appointment with a surgeon you should not, under any circumstances eat or drink anything before the appointment..
- ALWAYS remove your jewellery from the injured part of your body, e.g. remove your wedding ring from your finger – if the swelling increases, the pressure may result in ischaemia and necrosis of the finger
- NEVER pour spirit or dioxide solution onto/into your wounds!
- NEVER apply tourniquets above the injured place/ wound!
- NEVER use cotton wool, cellulose wadding, or tissues as dressing of your wounds!
- If you do not have any gauze pads, use a piece of clean material soaking up dampness, e.g. cotton